At last after struggling through a few packaging difficulties, the Beta version is finally released and ready to go! Right on April 30th - a special day known as the…
New Update Improvements.
- IK Bones were partially fixed (including the dual-wield issue)
- The vehicle physics are only less whacky now (still trying to get rid of the craziness)
- Most NPCs now respond better to Line-of-Sight and Hearing threshold (can see and hear targets more effectively).
- Fix the crash of certain missions (e.g. Earning a Living)
- The simple command system is fully functional – Press V to order your allies to follow, V again to order them to stop. (NOTE – only some allied soldiers will follow you)
- The grenade now only detonates when it touches a target or
- Save system features for Mission 05 has been improved.
Army Men Specific – Bugs/Issues we CAN eventually fix.
- We are still struggling with fixing the IK Bone solvers (although we somehow fixed the glitched issue with dual wielding).
- Some NPCs (e.g. Zombies) may still have their target stuck at enemies far away from them, thus not responding to sight and hearing targets (actually have to shoot them for them to attack ya)
- Some missions may lag at the beginning due to loading the AI and scripted events.
- Some NPCs would turn to Idle state after performing a melee or special attack (e.g. Berserker).
- The grenade may sometimes get stuck and will not detonate.
- Save system is sometimes flawed.
UDK Specific – Bugs/Issues we CAN NOT fix on our own (Epic Games will have to do that instead).
- The terrain collision for some reason started becoming rather bizarre after changing resolution or “Alt-Tab-ing” out of the game for whatever reason.
- The game may sometimes freeze and crash during gameplay.
- The game would sometimes crash when selecting a mission (Campaign or Skirmish) or exiting the game.
- Some of the AI objectives may not become invincible when scripted to do so, since the game was cooked and packaged (e.g. Flak Gun in Mission 05: Demolitian)
If you find any additional bugs and/or other issues, post them in the forums via the Bugs and Support section.
by The Joker and comments are closed.